Tuesday, April 8, 2008
My cat likes
My cat Peri ( Syrian) for Sprite loves lots of things. Some of the time he manages to be a good little kitty but he's only four months old and still has a lot of energy in him. His top five likes right now are:
1. To sleep on my pillow so that every so often during the night I get a mouthful of fur, or some rather loud purring in my ear.
2. He likes to watch me have a bath or shower. He leaps up onto the edge of the bath and is very interested until he gets splashed by water. He shoots out of the bathroom and then complains loudly until deciding to come back in.
3. Playing with my wool, in particular a ball of green acrylic. He will hunt it down wherever I hide it, and will then parade with great pride past me with it in his mouth.
4. He like to play with his toy mice, but mostly their fluffy tails are the attraction.
5. He likes feathers, loose ones and thankfully not while attached to any birds. We have two Cockatiels and a Rainbow Lorikeet he totally ignores
So that's the low down on Peri, he's developing his personality and growing into a very loving cat. My hubby is constantly surprised by how affectionate Peri is. I did try to tell him. I had a cat several years ago that looks just like my widget cat and was called Darcy, but Peri has helped me to get over missing him and the dreadful decision I had to make about leaving him in the UK.
Today I have started to read Christie Dickason's The Principessa as part of my reading what's on my bookcase.
The opening pages starts with Sofia's rules for survival and it made me think of my own rules
Always find the good in a situation ( if possible)
Take a leap of faith ( when safe to do so)
Be grateful (for everything, even when you're not)
Smile (it saves on wrinkles)
Be positive (everyone else moans enough)
Give to others (when you can)
Expect good things (they have to happen to someone)
Love a lot (it's lonely otherwise)
What rules do you have to live your life by?