Warning attempt to be philosophical follows...
I read an article in Oprah the other day and it has struck a bit of a cord with me. It was about being busy and how it wasn't so much about what we do as how we do it. That being busy wasn't really about activity but more about a state of being. Or at least that's how I read the article. It made me think which in itself is not unusual. I have been known to think on a regular basis, just that very few people want to know my thoughts, and then I realised most of the time being busy is something I have imposed upon myself. I say I'm busy and that I have a lot to do and it sure feels that way. I place pressure on myself to get so many things done when perhaps there's no need. Of course there are deadlines to meet and appointments to keep but I can choose to accept those as just events that take place in the moments of my life. They will happen or not as the case maybe and the world will not halt in its tracks, nor will there be any great finger pointing. except from me. So I have decided to make sure that though I may be doing lots of things, to try and recognise that they are just me living my life, after all those moments are going to be filled with something whatever I do. Inside me and all of us is someone who is doing just that, enjoying every second, taking it all in their stride and they are never busy, they are just living.
Just for fun
Friday Fill ins
1. When I'm sick I'm _____terrible to be around_____.
2. When I take a walk, I think about _God _________.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can _____sure make things easier_____.
4. Cotton makes me ___want to_sew_____ and leather makes me __feel dangerous________.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was ___ My old English teacher_____.
6. My favorite colour these days is _Purple because _____It's so extreme_____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to __camp___, tomorrow my plans include ____being with lots of Brownies_ and Sunday, I want to _Sleep____!